Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama-mania

I think its befitting that I started this blog on the day that Barack Obama took his oath of Presidency of the United States of America. Befitting because I love Obama, and now I can say that I have some sort of "connection" with the man. And he really is DA MAN. How did he give his inauguration speech without reference to any materials astounds me. What is astounding is not simply the fact that he memorised his speech, but the fact that he had the confidence to deliver the most important speech of his life without a security blanket. Add to that the fact that public speaking is the greatest fear for many people, and you get a glimpse of the measure of the man.

I wonder what Bush was feeling throughout the inauguration. Seeing him sitting there while Obama gave his speech, I couldn't help but feel that he must hate himself. To hand over the Presidency with the lowest approval rating since Nixon, and be handing it to arguably the most popular President-Elect in the history of the US, must paint such a strong juxtaposition even to a man as dense as Bush. On a certain level, I actually feel sad for him, for what he will represent to future generations. And to think Bush Sr had the cheek to suggest that his other son should run for Presidency....

I wonder how many people in the world watched the inauguration. I wonder how many Americans cried during Obama's inauguration speech. I wonder how many Republicans attending the inauguration. I wonder what the Chief Justice was feeling after he botched up the oath. I wonder about a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment